Translate

Saturday 27 June 2015

Selfies

Selfies do seem like a good idea. You want to take a photo of you or you and your mates but don't have anyone to take it. What do you do? You take a selfie! It's really easy if you have a reversible camera, not so easy if you don't (like me). I have attempted many times to do a "blind selfie" (one without looking) to end up with only half a face. Funny, but not what you would call successful.

However, have we gone too far? Spending your entire life taking photos (as some teens do) isn't necessarily a good thing. You might want a record of special moments, but I think it is sometimes better to just enjoy them there and then. How much time do you spend looking at old photos anyway?

Also, I do think that some of the "accessories" for selfie lovers are a bit ridiculous. Selfie sticks are a prime example of this. They look a bit stupid, take up room in your handbag and are slightly unnecessary. Yes, ok, they take photos from further away, but I have taken many selfies without them and they were fine. My best friend and fellow blogger has one. I have seen her use it once, but she took ages trying to get it to work and there were other people with us that could have taken the photo.

So overall, selfies: good, unless you are obsessed. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment