Translate

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Grandparents- Even Worse Than Parents?

A few months ago, I did a post about my embarrassing parents. Actually they are not the only problem, or even the worst problem, in my family. For me, the most mad, embarrassing and in some cases over protective people are my Grandparents.

My Gran is lovely but very, very mad. She often says mad stuff like "Houses have feelings and they sometimes try to fight you!" and "that man over there, he looks like he lives across the road!" She has an obsession with ironing, and will iron anything that stays still long enough. This includes pants and socks. She is also very over protective. She hates it whenever I leave the house without an adult, even if it is just to walk up the road. Once, she went as far as saying that I won't be able to walk home from the nearby College alone when I am 16. She has also said that I am never allowed to London ever again on a School trip in case terrorists decide to bomb the exact part of London I will be in on the very same day as I am there. When ever I have a school trip, we never tell her until I've been.

My Grandma can sometimes be a bit mad, but she is not as crazy as my Gran. She still calls my Dad  "my little boy" even though he is nearly 6 foot tall. She called me half pint until recently, when she had to stop because I am now as tall as her! She is also very forgetful, often having what she calls a "senior moment".

My Grandad can sometimes be quite horrible. He thinks he's funny when he teases people but it's just annoying. He also has a habit of sometimes treating me like a 3 year old and he thinks he knows everything.  He still can't work out why his trousers are getting longer though. It's because they have to sit under his belly now! I think my Grandparents are much worse than my parents. Is this the same for you? What are your Grandparents like?

No comments:

Post a Comment