Translate

Monday 29 June 2015

Hair Styles

Your hair is a part of your outfit you never take off. It can completely transform your look, and the same style can look totally different on different people. My hair is naturally straight and a dark blonde. I like my hair long, with feathering at the front. I am having my hair hi-lighted in the summer holidays as a birthday present, as my hair has become darker now I'm older and I want to be a lighter shade again. I would have layers cut in it, but we have to have it tied up for school.

I don't really see why we have to have it tied up for school. The school say it is to "make us look tidy" but a messy ponytail looks just as scruffy as windswept hair. Most schools let their pupils have it down, except for PE and Home Ecc. Also, when our uniform is so restrictive, having more options with hair styles gives us more individuality. I usually have a side ponytail or loosely part my hair in bunches down the front so it is as close as possible to having my hair down.

Choosing your hairstyle at the hairdressers can be daunting as it can be difficult to fix if you don't like it. A couple of weeks ago, I saw an interesting magazine called "I want that hair". It is a collection of amazing hairstyles for you to browse through to find your favourite. This is the website.
There are also several apps that allow you to try out different hairstyles on a photo of yourself. These are even better as you can see what styles suit you, not just what you like.

What hairstyle do you have at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment