Translate

Friday 26 June 2015

Animal

Normally, I am not big on brands. I usually feel you are paying mostly for the name rather than the item. For me, there are two main exceptions: Kipling and Animal. Both of them make really good quality items that are practical and last a long time. I don't normally buy designer clothes because I prefer to have a variety of less expensive things rather than a few more costly items. However, with bags and coats I tend to have the same one for a long time. Also, there are outlets for both stores in Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth. If I buy things cheaper there then it is even more worth it.

Animal are quite a sporty brand, particularly focusing on skateboarding and surfing but they also do snowboarding, skiing, mountain biking and BMX. They have a group of riders for each sport and a youth team of younger riders. Meet them here. This is why their clothes are so practical. It also means they do wetsuits, skateboards and surfboards.

Another thing I love about Animal is that they have a lot of brightly coloured, fun things. This is partly I think down to the fact they are a younger brand. My schoolbag is from there. It has stripes in all colours of the rainbow, just about as far as you can get from my school's navy blue uniform! I love it.

When I was in junior school, I had an amazing parka from Animal which I loved and wore until it fell apart. It was cream with an orange lining. I have never been able to get a coat quite that good again. I got a parka from O'Neill last Christmas which I love as well, but it just isn't the same.

I was going to show you some of their clothing, but I think based on how much I have written so far I will save that for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment