Translate

Thursday 9 April 2015

The Wedding

Yesterday I went to the wedding. The night before we had arrived at the hotel (I had the biggest room) and went to a local pub for dinner. The original pub my dad had checked out on Trip Adviser (he is obsessed with TA) had stopped doing food and turned out to be a (with country accent) "oh, you car's broken down has it, the nearest garage is miles away. You need to stay here and never be seen again" type of pub. However, a little way down the road, there was a second pub that was much nicer. It was a small, traditional country pub by a farm. It even had two cats milling around the seating area and served huge portions of scampi. The next day, I had a three course hotel breakfast and got ready. In the day, I wore this:
 
The ceremony was in the grounds of a manor house in a purpose built building called the barn (although it didn't look much like a barn). The setting was really beautiful, especially the gardens where we had the photos. We then ate in a restaurant. There was a gap before the evening party so I went and got changed into this:
 
I wasn't planning to change my shoes as I really like the white ones but they gave me blisters. The after party was fun. We had a buffet, an ice cream station ( with 7 flavours and toppings), a sweetie buffet and a massive chocolate wedding cake with strawberries cascading down the sides. Overall, it was a fantastic day. Have you been to any weddings lately?


1 comment:

  1. No weddings, but just to say the cake sounds yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete