Translate

Friday 24 April 2015

The Black Reckoning

A few years ago, I read the Emerald Atlas, which is the first book in the Books of Beginning Series. The trilogy is about 3 children who are part of a prophecy to find 3 magical books that have immense power. The children were taken from their home in the middle of the night and have grown up in a series of terrible orphanages.Ten years on, they search for these books. However, they must find them before The Dire Magnus gets his hand on them. If he does, certain destruction will follow.

From reading that, I think you will understand why I love those books. The problem was, I read this book when it came out so I had to wait for the next one. The Fire Chronicle came out within a reasonable amount of time and I read that one too. The third book, The Black Reckoning was initially scheduled to come out on my birthday last year but publishing was delayed. This happened multiple times. Finally, the book has actually come out but it was from a different publisher.

I am really excited to have finally got this book and am reading it already. I am annoyed that it took so long though. I know publishers have to be sure a book will sell before they publish but it is very annoying when you are a fan of the series. Have you read any of these books?

No comments:

Post a Comment