Translate

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Braces Off!

The summer weather is definitely here! I have shorts on today as it was 21 degrees where I live (south of England). I also noticed that leaves were appearing on trees. Did you have nice weather where you are?

On Monday, my braces came off. I hated having them taken off as it hurts when they take the brackets off and they stick drills in your mouth to remove the glue. They then took impressions to make retainers and a mouth guard. I HATE having impressions as it makes me gag and choke. It felt a bit weird at first having no brace but I had got used to it after an hour or so.

Today, I went back to collect my retainers. They are small and lightweight pieces of plastic which are moulded to your teeth. You wear them in the evenings and at night to stop your teeth moving. What surprised me was that you are supposed to wear them every night until you are 20. I think it seems a little harsh that you will still be wearing them when you are an adult. I am going to try and wear mine as much as I can but I now understand why some people don't wear them as much as they should. Do you have a brace? What do you think about retainers?

1 comment:

  1. I have brace's, I have had them on for more than a year and still do. Two more years till they finally come off. I don't care about the pain of them coming off, because they are a pain on. I don't like the idea of wearing a mouth brace at night though, something to look forward to :(

    ReplyDelete