Translate

Monday 27 April 2015

Friends

Yesterday, I watched the last ever episode of friends. I have seen the whole series over the past year. My mum was so obsessed with it at the time that she taped the entire series as they were shown over the years. I love it too! My favourite character is Pheobe because she is so crazy. I think I am a little bit like her! I really liked the ending, especially because of the twins and the Ross and Rachel story. They should have been together ages ago. I think my favourite moment from the episode was when Ross is listening to Rachel's phone message. He was so funny.

While I have been watching it, I have noticed that there are many similarities between Friends and the Big Bang Theory. Here are some. There are many more than this.

They are both filmed in front of a studio audience.
They are both set in an apartment building where several of the main characters live across the hall from each other.
They're both about people in their late twenties.
They both have an on going, on/off relationship.
They have geeks Ross and most of the Big Bang gang.
They have OCD Monica and Sheldon.
They have not so clever actors Joey and Penny.
They have a funny guy Chandler and Howard.

Are these coincidences, or did the writers do it on purpose? Both of these shows have been a big success in England and America.  Is this because they are so similar, or is it something else that has made these two shows so popular? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment