Translate

Saturday 22 August 2015

Nothing To Wear

Interesting, isn't it, how a teenage girl (or any woman) can have a wardrobe full of clothes and nothing to wear?

Yesterday evening, I stood in despair in my bedroom staring at the contents of my wardrobe. I was desperately trying to decide what I should wear to next month's Hawaiian Party SNAP disco. Everything thing was not disco enough, or not Hawaiian enough, or not teenagery enough. I was sure that a shopping trip was in order.

However, I then had 4 revelations:
Few people would probably dress Hawaiian, as it was not actually a fancy dress party.
Everyone would probably be too busy worrying about what they were wearing to care about my outfit.
I have many things that have been worn only once or not at all. Anything new that I buy will just end up on that pile.
Most other people planning to go would probably have the same issues.

So I decided to wear the dress my best friend bought for my birthday. It's brightly coloured (Hawaiian), it's short (teenagery) and if I wear it with heels and lots of make-up it will be suitable for a disco as well. Can you relate to this?

No comments:

Post a Comment