Translate

Saturday 8 August 2015

First Jobs

For most people, their teenage years are when they get their first jobs. Whether it is a paper round or babysitter as a younger teen or a shop assistant or lifeguard once you're 16, it is the first bit of money you earn yourself. I have yet to get a job, as I am not particularly desperate for money and like to have plenty of free time. I will probably wait until I have done my GCSEs. However, a couple of other teens I know have jobs now so I decided I should still talk about it.

A part time job can give a teen work experience, finance and budgeting skills and time management. However, apparently, old teens who work more than 20 hours a week can experience negative effects such as not enough time for college work and increased stress. You need to find a balance between leisure, studying and work.

For unusual job ideas for when you are an adult, read Huffington Post's 10 best jobs in the world (you will have to scroll down, although the article at the top it good too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment