Translate

Monday 9 March 2015

Maze Runner

A little while ago I saw the film Maze Runner and I have now read the book. It's brilliant! They are both full of action and have very relatable characters. I love Teresa, she is my favourite. I wish I could do the mind reading thing! It would be so useful. Personally, I prefer the book as you know the characters thoughts and you fully understand what it is like to wake up in a maze with no memory of your previous life. It also has more suspense and I can imagine how it would have you guessing about the Creators if unlike me you hadn't already seen the film.

The book and the film are quite similar although there are a few differences. The main one I noticed was the appearance of the Grievers. In the book they are giant slugs with randomly placed metal arms but in the film they are closer to metallic spiders. Also, the layout of the maze is different. However,  both the book and the film are very good and I would recommend them. I cannot wait to read the next in the series as I want to know who the supposed "rescuers" are. It gives the impression they are also part of the Creators at the end of the book, even though they claim to be against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment