Translate

Thursday 31 March 2016

Shopping In Windsor

Yesterday, we had a full day of shopping in Windsor. I started the morning sitting on the riverside terrace outside the hotel restaurant. It was really beautiful there, and I took some fab photos. We then ate a very large breakfast and walked into the town centre. We happened to be passing Windsor Castle at the same time as the changing of the guards, so I was able to see the soldiers march in with the band.

Then, we hit the shops. Across the road from the castle, there is a large shopping area attached to a train station and a traditional high street. These had all sorts of fab shops, some larger versions of shops we have locally, some shops I had only ever seen in magazines. I bought a mini glass nail file in a posh department store. I went in Zara for the first time ever and bought a small roll on perfume called Red Vanilla, which smells amazing. It is large enough that I won't run out but small enough that it can fit in my bag.

I also bought some clothes. I got a short denim skirt with interesting panels in different colours of denim and a black cocktail dress with cut out mesh sections in River Island. In H&M, I bought a spotty navy summer dress. I am really pleased with everything I bought.

That evening, we walked back through town to a steak restaurant. The food there was amazing. I had the best steak ever and really good banoffee ice cream. This morning, we walked over the bridge and into Eton. There, there were all sorts of unusual little shops as well as the famous collage, which is huge. It was then time to leave, and I am back home now. I loved my stay in Windsor, particularly the hotel. have you ever been there?

No comments:

Post a Comment