Translate

Wednesday 30 March 2016

First Night In Windsor

Yesterday, was my first night in Windsor. We arrived at our hotel, The Christopher Wren, in the early afternoon. I was amazed at how close we are to Windsor Castle (I can see it out of my window). The hotel is fab, the building is historic and the rooms are lovely. After we had checked in, we went out to walk round the town. We saw the outside of the Castle, which is huge, and ate giant cakes in a little Tudor cafe. Then, we looked round the shops, which we will be visiting again tomorrow!






In the evening, we went to dinner in the hotel. It was a lovely bar and restaurant with a large window showing a view over the river Thames. The food was great, we had a proper 3 course dinner. I had pate to start, followed by salmon, potatoes and asparagus. For pudding, I had a chocolate mousse. I was even allowed a little wine.






Today, we are doing some serious shopping. I will show you all what I buy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment