Translate

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Morning Terror

As most of you know, I look after the school chickens. Most mornings, I go in to the animal house, grab a handful of corn and feed them. Last week, I put my hand into the bag as usual, and picked up some corn and a mouse tail. Dangling from my hand was a live brown mouse, who was probably as surprised as me. I screamed, dropped it back into the bag (I think it must have landed on it's head, poor thing) and ran out the door. My friend was standing outside, wondering what the fuss was about. When I told her, she was not very sympathetic. She loves mice.

We went back in together and she looked into the bag. We could see 3 tails in the corn. I think I must have washed my hands about 10 times. It didn't feel enough. I think I will look in the bag first in future! Have you ever had a similar trauma?

Today, we are leaving for Winsor. I am very exited, I haven't been away for ages. I will tell you all what I get up to and keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha Ha, poor wee thing - the mouse, not you!

    ReplyDelete