Translate

Friday 10 July 2015

The Ombre Look

I have finished school! We had our last day today. Unfortunately, one of my best friends and my 2 favourite teachers left. The teachers are married and moving back to one of their home countries, as one is from New Zealand and the other from Austraila. They were buried under presents today as they are much loved.

Anyway, on to my main subject. From T-Shirts to nails and even hair, the ombre look is very popular at the moment. I love the T-Shirts, they are often in summery colours and perfect for the beach. I also like the nail looks, although they are very hard to create at home, really you need to go to a nail bar. There is a method in the Avon book, but it looks very hard to do.

I have come up with a way to do it with clear, glittery nail varnish. You paint a very thin layer of it on the end of the nail and add more to the tip of the nail. The glitter looks like it is graduated but as the actual polish is clear, you can't see the join. I tried this when I got home from school and it worked really well. It was much easier than I thought it would be.

Have you got anything ombre? Please comment if you do, telling me what it is and whether or not you like the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment