Translate

Sunday 26 July 2015

The Breakfast Club

The Breakfast Club is a film- an 80s film. However, it is so simple that it does not seem dated. 5 high school teenagers in an 8 hour Saturday detention, all for different reasons. A brain, a princess, a jock, a wierdo and a rebel; They do not even know each others names.

You may think a film that only shows a detention from start to finish is boring, but it is anything but. Unusual, yes. But not boring. Here is a clip if you don't believe me. They even refer to it in pitch perfect and use one of it's songs in the final performance..

I love this film. It is everything a good black comedy teen film should be: funny, makes you think and entertaining. There are quite a lot of good 80s films, but this is one of the best because it does not seem like it is from the 80s, as it is not too dated. Back to the Future is another example, because they spend so little time in the 80s. However, the 2nd one is not so good as it is set in a 2015 that was very clearly invented by someone 30 years ago. Have you seen any of these films? What do you think of them?

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore The Breakfast Club! I watched parts of it before but never sat down and watched the whole thing, it wasn't until I watched Pitch Perfect (which is another film I love!) which reminded me of The Breakfast Club again which made me want to watch it again, this time all the way through. now I watch it all the time, constantly annoying people by saying the lines before they're actually said on the screen!

    I'm really enjoying reading your blog! I love the way you write! Hope you're having a lovely summer in this beautiful, very British weather!

    ReplyDelete