Translate

Saturday 11 July 2015

The Fault In Our Stars

I have just finished reading The Fault In Our Stars and it is amazing! Most of you have probably heard about it and know the basic story already. For those who haven't, it is about 16 year old terminal cancer patient Hazel and what happens when she meets the gorgeous Augustus, who is in remission. It is not the best book I have ever read, but it it definitely the most thought provoking book I have ever read. It creates a realistic insight into a "Cancer Kid's" life. I am very pleased I read it, as it taught me what it is like to be dying. As we will all die at some point, I think that is very important.

The book itself is very well written. Throughout, it makes reference to another book, An Imperial Affection. I would like to read it, although I think it may be a little to complicated for me, but it does not actually exist. There is, however, a poem with that name which John Green got the name from. There is also a six page taster of the book, written by John Green for fans of The Fault In Our Stars. I would like to read both of these.

I recommend A Fault In Our Stars to anyone and everyone over the age of 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment