Translate

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Year 10

In one of my previous posts, I mentioned that I was a little nervous about starting year 10 because it meant starting the preparation for my GCSEs. I have now been back at school for 3 days and have mixed feelings.

On one hand, it is great being the second oldest year group in the school. The teachers trust you more and the boys have (mostly) stopped behaving like idiots. You are only studying subjects you like (well, unless you hate English and Maths) but you are still not actually taking your exams yet.

However, the teachers like to make sure you are aware of the fact you are starting your GCSEs. The first lesson of every subject starts with the teacher explaining everything you have to learn before your exams. And it is not 2 years away like you might think. The exams are in May, we are in September. That only leaves us with about a year and a half. As if that isn't daunting enough, this is sometimes accompanied by a lecture on how year 10 isn't like year 9, and how you have to work harder and put lots of effort in for this year as well as in year 11.

I have come to the conclusion that the first week of year 10 is depressing but the rest will be great. I'm trying not to think about year 11! What year are you in, have you just started year 10?

No comments:

Post a Comment