Translate

Wednesday 30 September 2015

The Scorch Trials

Last weekend, I went with a few of my friends to see the sequel to the Maze Runner, called the Scorch Trials. I have read the books and so thought I knew what to expect. However, the film was very different from the books. It was mostly book 2 with a bit of book 3 mixed in and some extra pieces they had made up altogether. It was still a great film though, and the fact that it was different meant that I still did not know what would happen, so there were still some surprises.

For those of you who don't know the series, these teenagers were trapped in a giant maze as part of scientific trials carried out by a group of governments desperate to save what is left of the population after the Earth is terribly damaged by solar flares. They are trying to find a cure for a disease that slowly eats away at your brain until you lose your humanity. But are this group just making sacrifices for a greater good, or can they no longer be trusted? This is what the teenagers have to find out now they have left the maze and are entering the real world.

This film is much scarier than the first one. Just when you don't expect it, something happens to make you jump. One of my friends actually squealed in the cinema at one point! It is not too scary though, just enough to keep things interesting.

Have you seen the Scorch Trials yet? Tell me what you think of it in the comments. For those of you who haven't here is the trailer.

2 comments:

  1. I personally think its a spin off from the hunger games

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer Fifty Shades Of Gray

    ReplyDelete