Translate

Saturday 19 September 2015

Last Friday Night...

No, I am not talking about the Katy Perry song (although I love that too). I am talking about the SNAP dance club event I went to last night! It was even better than I thought it was going to be. It was held at Ferneham hall and we took over the entire building. All the seating was pushed back and the chairs put away in the main room, to create a huge dance space. On stage there were live singers, a DJ playing current chart hits and even dancing competitions.

In another room, there was a surf simulator (it was a Hawaiian themed night) and food being served (hot dogs, sweets and of course, Hawaiian pizza). In another hall, there was neon face paints and limbo competitions. You could even sit at the main bar and drink cocktails! There were also bouncers on the door, like you havein proper night clubs. My friend and I had a great time and we think it would be even better if we went in a big group.

Even if you don't live near by, you can still be part of the fun. SNAP events are all over the country, as they are run by the police as part of their campaign to give teens a safe place to hang out away from danger. We need to support these events because if not enough people go, they will disappear. Have you ever been somewhere like this? Tell me your experience in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. I saw thrown out for carrying explosives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate cool me down with a cup of tea and blow me dry, that place was absolute kick-bottom, I'm terribly sorry for the use of smashing words but that place just tickled my inner thigh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait tile November 27th I think, more dancing time at snap and no good drinks, yay!. see you there.

    ReplyDelete