Translate

Thursday 3 August 2017

Surprising Myths and Truths About Facebook

I put off joining Facebook for a long time, and part of that was because of various myths that turned out not to be true. Equally, I also had a few nasty surprises when I did eventually join. So, for those few who haven't joined Facebook yet, or anyone who wants to know how I am getting on with my adventures in social media, I have made a list of the myths and truths I have discovered about Facebook.

Myths
I heard lots of stories of arguments and fallings out, but so far have seen/ been part of none. However, this could be because I have left school.
I had been warned it was hard to keep photos private, but the privacy settings have been better than I expected.

Truths
Your news feed is not just full of your friends posts. It also contains posts by friends of friends, adverts and random stuff on popular pages, which when you just want to see what your friends are doing is very annoying.
Even with a relatively small number of friends, I still have a lot of stuff on my newsfeed, so I have to either check it several times a day or wade through lots of stuff each time I go on.
I joined Facebook to see what people are up to. Most people's posts seem to be more about things they have seen on the internet than what they are doing, apart from holiday photos.

Overall, I am pleased I joined Facebook, but would not have wanted to have done it any earlier and am not loving it as much as some of my friends do.

No comments:

Post a Comment