Translate

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Skulduggery Pleasant

For over a year now, one of my best friends has been begging me to read the Skulduggery Pleasant book series by Derek Landy. A couple of months ago, I eventually gave in. I have just finished the second book and I am now seriously into it! The series is set in Ireland, and is based around a hidden world of magic that Stephanie discovers when her uncle dies and she meets Skulduggery Pleasant, the dead skeleton detective. From there on, she becomes a part of this dangerous world as Skulduggery's assistant. Together they fight groups who are trying to bring back evil gods who will change life as we know it.

The story is funny yet very exciting. I love Stephanie, the main character, and Skulduggery is cool too. One minute, you are laughing at how pathetic Scapegrace is (he is the killer who has never actually managed to kill anyone yet), the next you are shocked at the Baron's plans and Tanith's fighting skills. They are really gripping. I will definitely be reading to the end of the series. Have you ever read these books?

No comments:

Post a Comment