Translate

Friday 15 April 2016

Looking For Alaska

At the moment, I am really into John Green books. I have read The Fault In Our Stars and Paper Towns and loved them both. Now I am reading Looking For Alaska. The book is set in a High School in Alabama, where the boarders range from poverty stricken scholarship kids to rich weekday only jocks.

New boy Miles meets the reckless, rule breaking Alaska and falls for her immediately. I love Alaska, she is clever, loves reading and is a serious feminist. She is constantly smoking and sneaking alcohol onto the premises. However, she also has a boyfriend, a problem for Miles, and her dangerous lifestyle could possibly get him expelled.

This funny, truthful book is great for all teens. It is just as good as his other books. I can't be sure yet, but I think Paper Towns is still my personal favourite though.

No comments:

Post a Comment