Translate

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Embarrassing Parents

What is it about parents? Some of them are almost normal while most seem to be out to mortify their children on a daily basis. Mine aren't quite that bad, but that does not mean they are innocent. Most of my problems are in the music department. My mum has a slight obsession with making up stupid songs, which she sometimes sings when she is in the supermarket and I AM WITH HER! She knows this annoys me and does it on purpose. She will just randomly start singing about her shopping. This is the sort of thing I mean: "Shepherds pie, shepherds pie, I need some shepherds pie." All she needs is a guitar and she could be Pheobe from Friends. She knows all the words to Smelly Cat.

With my dad, it's more about the dancing. He is terrible at functions, but what upsets me most is when he does it at other times. When I was younger, he used to stand with me while I was waiting for the School Bus. Sometimes, he would stand there singing and bobbing about on the spot while I would be standing there willing all the other people around to disappear. If we go to a wedding he sways madly whilst singing the hymns. Are your parents this bad, or am I just unlucky? Tell me your stories.

1 comment:

  1. Tell me about it, I have the most embarrassing parents in the whole world. They beep at me when walking in to school, shout out my name to the whole world and say somthing embarrassing to go with it, and they kiss me and hug me in fount of people i don't like.
    I feel sorry for you having parents who sing and dance it's like having a show everyday of your life. But in reality they love us, well to us when there not embarrassing us.

    ReplyDelete