Translate

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Working, Or Just Playing?

I have often gone with my mum to volunteer at the school she works at the end of the year. Up until now I have always just been preparing the class room and making resources for the year ahead. However, today was a bit more exciting. This time, I was working with a younger group of children than usual as this year my mum has been working in a year 2 class room instead of the junior school. As it was the children's last day, they set up an inflatable obstacle course outside as a treat.

At first, it was just the children going on. But between teacher races, girls without partners and boys wanting to see if they could beat me, I spent quite a lot of time on there. The only problem was, it had been designed for children with small holes to climb through and low arches. Fine for 7 year olds, less fine for me. At least I have an excuse for them all beating me.

During the day, I also had the opportunity to read to the class and play outdoor games with them. I really enjoyed working with them all. My question is: does this day of playing count as work experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment