Translate

Thursday 21 July 2016

Musical Torture

My parents have a habit of inflicting their music tastes on me. My mum calls this my musical education - another term for playing dodgy 70s and 80s tracks that I have never heard before to ensure I know songs by all the artists that were around when she was a teen. She does like some modern music, we are both fans of Robbie Williams and Lily Allen. However, she also plays a lot of Prince, David Bowie and Paul Simon.The list goes on and on. Occasionally I like one of her old albums, such as her Oasis Hits CD, but most of the time it is torturous. There are a couple of good Prince and Bowie songs, but Paul Simon is awful.

My dad does like some of the music I listen to. We both love "Hold Back The River" and "I'm Yours". However, most of his music collection is from before I was born. There are a couple Bryan Adams, Billy Joel and Beautiful South songs I like, but most of it is questionable. He does let me put one of my CDs in the car whenever we have a week off together though, so I can't complain much.

Do your parents force their taste in music on you? Or do you like the same artists?

No comments:

Post a Comment