Translate

Saturday 30 July 2016

Label Madness

I went shopping today with my parents and we went in Ralph Lauren. I was horrified. I have always thought that designer brands are over priced, but this was extreme. £120 for a hoodie that was thinner than one I bought in Peacocks, and just because it had a little polo player on. You are paying huge amounts of money for a symbol.

I know you can get designer brands cheaper than this in outlet stores and sales, but you are still supporting a company that thinks it is okay to charge that much. I would rather avoid them completely. Some makes are even worse. I have seen £200 sunglasses and bags and shoes for much more.

I do sometimes buy from brands like Animal and Saltrock, but they are not so overpriced. Although you do pay partly for the brand, their items are better quality. Their coats and hoodies are warmer and their bags last longer. I still only buy their items if they are on sale though. Even when they are full price, they are still cheap compared to designer labels.

Do you buy designer labels? Or do you think it is all madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment