Translate

Friday 8 July 2016

Live Performances

Over the years, I have done quite a few live performances. I love that you are there with the audience, experiencing it with them and seeing their reactions. However, sometimes things don't always go to plan. When we performed Guys and Dolls last weekend, we had several problems. Two of our cast members even ended up falling to the floor. But then, that is part of the excitement of live theatre. Anything can happen.

Yesterday, I sung 7 Years to the whole school as part of our annual talent contest. One of my friends played the piano with me. Although I had sung solo before, I had never sung by my myself to so many people. Mostly, I had only sung on my own when I was a lot younger, and much more fearless. Then, I was unaware of the implications of what I was doing. Now, I am old enough to realise that all those people will be judging me, it is a lot more daunting.

Still, it went reasonably well and lots of people have come up to me telling me they enjoyed it. My friend was a great help as he was very supportive and a brilliant piano player. I am pleased I did it.

Do you enjoy performing live?

No comments:

Post a Comment