Translate

Thursday 23 June 2016

EU Referendum

As I am sure you are aware, today is the day Britain will either vote to stay in the EU or leave. Although we are not old enough to vote, my school held it's own election so we still got to have a say and practice voting. I think this is a great idea, because although most people believe teens are not old enough to decide the fate of the country, we still have opinions. The results will be read out in tomorrow morning's assembly.

In a few years time, we will be allowed to vote for real. I am really excited about this, because I like the idea of having some control over what happens in my country. A lot of young people don't bother to vote, but I think it is more important they vote than anyone else. Young people will have to live with whatever future we end up with for longer, so they are the people that need to decide it. I will definitely be voting as soon as I am able. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment