Translate

Tuesday 3 May 2016

A Colourful Uplift

I think we all spend a lot of time in life wanting what we haven't got and ignoring what we have. Teens, adults and even kids do it. Our pessimistic sides find faults in the good things we have and yet can't see the flaws in other peoples situations. I think we would all be a lot happier if we focused on the positives.

Take school, for example. Something a lot of teens hate. So OK, there is homework, algebra, the kids you don't like and boring assemblies. But there is also your favourite subject (art class for me), seeing your friends everyday and that teacher you like that makes lessons fun.

I think one of the things that makes me feel the most positive is colour. I find bright oranges, sunshine yellows and striking turquoises really uplifting. So, I bought a school bag covered in every colour of the rainbow. That way, when I am sitting in maths wondering when I can escape, I have something to cheer me up! What makes you feel happier?

No comments:

Post a Comment