Translate

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Tracking Teens

There are many apps out at the moment that parents can use to track their teens. From apps to check our location by our phones, methods of seeing the websites we have accessed and even tools that let them read our texts. These all allow them to guarantee our safety. However, don't they give the impression that they don't trust us? Used in moderation, they are probably very helpful, but if our parents feel the need to check up on us every minute of the day, how can we ever learn to make responsible choices on our own? How can we have any privacy if they read every message we send and monitor every move we make.

My parents don't use anything like that, because they trust me to make sensible decisions. The need for safety and trust needs to be balanced to please both teens and their parents. I think these apps are not always bad, but they need to be used very carefully if you want to maintain this balance. Do your parents use anything like this? Would they tell you if they did? What do you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. My parents moniter my texts as I used to steal alcohol from the ha bants

    ReplyDelete