Translate

Friday 13 November 2015

Difficult Decisions

Some of you may remember that about 6 months ago, I blogged about the difficulties teens can have when choosing our options. Now, as I am well into my GCSE courses, I am thinking about college.

As your A-levels and other qualifications at that level directly effect what uni courses you can do and what jobs you can get, I think they are piling to much on us at this age. Although I have some idea of what I want to be when I am older, I don't know what uni courses I want to do or even if I want to go to uni. Some of my friends have no idea. Yet we are expected to decide the 4 subjects that we want to continue with in just a years time.

Also, it can be hard to know what college you want to go to. I have been to an open evening recently, and it all looked really good, but I have nothing to compare that to yet as I have only been to one. Only a few colleges do the subjects I am looking at, so that is making my decision easier. Still, it can be very daunting as you will probably be there for 2 years of your life, and there are many more options than when you are looking at senior schools as you can travel further. I think I would rather go to a college nearer to me though. I also want to go to a college not a sixth form as I don't want to feel like I am still at school.

Are you looking at collegs yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment