Translate

Friday 1 December 2017

10 Things To Get You In The Christmas Spirit

It's December today! Woohoo! I have opened my new advent calendar! I had no idea what was in it because my mum covered the back over with Christmas wrapping paper. Today's treat was a mini bottle of perfume. I am not sure if they are all perfume or a mix of things. I will tell you when I open some more doors and find out.

By this time of year, many people will be getting really excited about Christmas. But not all of us will be feeling Christmassy. If you are struggling to get in the mood, try these 10 ways to get in the Christmas Spirit.

1. Put up your decorations - apparently this has been proven to make you happier!
2. Do some Christmas baking. Last year I got particularly ambitious and attempted a gingerbread house, but simple gingerbread biscuits could be an easier option.
3. Write your Christmas cards, or make them if you really want to feel festive.
4. Go Christmas jumper shopping. If you are now at college, you could wear one every day!
5. Listen to some Christmas music. Or, if you are musical, you can learn to play some Christmas music.
6. Light a Christmas Candle. I love the Yankee gingerbread fragrance. Perhaps to simulate the baking if that is not something you are good at!
7. Watch a Christmas film. My favourite is the Polar Express, but there is always Love Actually if you want to be grown up.
8. Watch some old Christmas specials. You'll find everything from Doctor Who to Call The Midwife.
9. Wrap your presents - it has to be done at some point.
10. And finally, as we have some chance of snow this week (YAAAAYYYYYYY), build a snowman!!!

Do you have any ideas? Post them below in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment