Translate

Sunday 11 June 2017

Love Island - Brilliant Entertainment Or A Waste Of Time?

At my school, quite a lot of the girls are big fans of Love Island. I had never watched it before, so I decided to watch the first episode of this series to see what I thought. I was a little bit horrified. People going on TV to get a boyfriend, fine. People doing it in very little clothing, maybe. People doing it on such a sexist program, no. I am definitely not on board with that part.

From the girls arriving in bikinis and high heels to the boys being allowed total control in picking the girls, it is definitely not feminist friendly. That coupled with the fact they have to sleep in a bed with people they have only just met, it is definitely not a show I would want to go on. Also, they are probably just on there to get on TV and win the money, so the relationships are not going to be genuine. Some of them do need the money though, it seems they can't afford a whole bikini!

But, do I recommend it as entertainment? Well, I did find it quite fun to watch, but not good enough to follow 7 weeks worth of it. Personally, I think it is a waste of time, and I can think of much better ways to spend summer evenings. Do you watch love island?

No comments:

Post a Comment