Translate

Wednesday 30 November 2016

My Questionable Character...

At my school, we are putting on a Shakespeare play in the New Year. We are performing an adapted version of "The Comedy Of Errors" and I volunteered to play the part of the Courtesan. However, I have been seriously stitched up. My character was originally described as a "high class, expensive lady", but it turns out she is a prostitute! And she is a busy one. Not only do I have to go off with a married man, I also have to seriously hit on another character, who is one of my friends playing a boy.

As the play is set in 1960s Italy, my outfit consists of a very short, clingy dress, white strappy wedges and flashy jewellery. If I can get through all the rehearsals and performances without showing my underwear, I will be lucky.

Oh, but worst of all, the play will be watched by the entire school.

I am a bit horrified, but I think it will be fun. We will definitely have a laugh anyway. And I did tell my drama teacher I wanted to play a different sort of character to usual. Perhaps that was a mistake! I will keep you updated on how things are going. Hopefully, my character won't get any new clients in the mean time!

No comments:

Post a Comment