Translate

Friday 11 November 2016

Cold Weather, Cold Hearts

It has just been too cold this week. Well, too cold to go to school in a skirt anyway. I mean seriously, you would think they would relax the uniform when it is so cold the field is completely white but no, skirts it is. Although the fact I refuse to wear tights probably does not help! No sign of snow unfortunately though - funnily enough I don't complain about the temperature when that happens. Still, it is early days yet.

I have been just as shocked and horrified as everyone else by Trump's victory. I didn't think America would vote for someone like that, but clearly there are a large amount of people who like his principles. I think that says a lot about the world we live in right now.

The thing is, the USA is a country that was built on immigration. Very few of the people who live there now are part of America's native population. Their ancestors all moved there from other parts of the world, and that diversity is part of what has created their culture. So why are they so intent on stopping that happening any more, it is as though they are denying their history. They have been a country at the forefront of new technology, and yet now they are heading for the past. And I feel that if they carry on this way, they will be leading us into dark places.

No comments:

Post a Comment