Translate

Saturday 18 November 2017

Learning Guitar

Whether it is keyboard, singing solo or choir, I have always loved music. And I did not want that to stop with the end of school performances.

Since starting at college in September, I have started learning guitar. I have mostly been teaching myself, but have had some resources and help from the music department to help me get started. At first I could only play at college, but my uncle has learnt me a guitar so now I can play at home.

I have playing a mixture of songs with basic chords, from pop songs like Riptide, Budapest, and Royals to more unusual songs like Pumped Up Kicks and Little Talks. I love the freedom that comes with finding chords online, as it means I can play anything I want, whereas for keyboard arrangements I have to buy sheet music.

But what I love most is that I am able to sing along with my playing, as singing is what I like best really. I definitely recommend guitar to anyone who loves to sing, or wants an instrument that is easy to teach yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment