Translate

Thursday 2 February 2017

My First Day As A College Girl

A couple of days ago, I spent a day at the college I want to go to next year. I had already had an interview and was planning to sit in on a few lessons to see if I wanted to take those subjects, as well as get an impression of the college as a whole. I had been looking forward to it, but it turned out to be even better than I thought it would be.

As I live close to the college, I walked there by myself. After years of getting the bus to school, it felt really weird. I love the idea of being able to get myself home so easily. Going into the school office alone was not so much  fun though! I was partnered up with a girl in her first year and she took me off to my first lesson, which was English Literature.

My guide was not in English Lit, so I sat with two of her friends. We sat at the back, sneeking chocolate and trying to make sense of Othello. I can't even tell you the things we talked about! I did manage to work out what was going on, and by the end I was loving the subject. I hung out with my guide and her other friends, before heading off to English Language together. This, as it turned out, was definitely not my sort of thing.

At lunch, I grabbed some food and a Costa, before sitting upstairs with my new friends. We all went to Psychology together in the afternoon, which I loved just as much as I thought I would. Then, I had a second interview to make my subject choices.

The staff were lovely, the atmosphere was really friendly, I could not have asked for more. I am now really looking forward to going to college in September, where I will be studying Graphic Design, English Literature and Psychology. If you get offered a taster day, go for it. It is a great way to find out what a college is really like and you will have fun doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment