Translate

Tuesday 16 August 2016

No Longer At Sea

I am back from my cruise and it was brilliant! I promised to tell you all about it, so here is the first half of the story.

First Day On Ventura
We got on the beautiful ship around lunchtime and ate in the buffet. The ship it's self is amazing. It has bars, restaurants, shops and a theatre on the lower decks, pools, sunbeds and more bars on the top decks and cabins in between the two. We were up on deck as the ship sailed out of Southampton. You can lean right over the railings and look down onto the sea and coastline below. Meanwhile, a band played live music. We sailed out of port and along the Solent before heading out to the ocean. By that time though, we were at dinner. The first night was only smart casual, but it still felt special going down into the posh restaurant to dinner. The food was amazing. After that, we saw a brilliant show of songs from 40s and 50s musicals in the theatre. Then I went up to the teen club for chatting and dancing.

Day At Sea
The next day I went to my first rock school session. An all girl rock band were on the ship as they were playing a set later on, and they were running workshops for 9 to 17 year olds. We learnt "We Will Rock You". I was one of the singers. I even got a bit of a solo. After a Costa, we had lunch in the buffet again with my grandma, who was also on the ship. We then walked round the prom deck. All you could see was the ocean in every direction. We also had a look round the art gallery which was very interesting. The art was all very different but all very good.

That evening was our first Gala night. I like getting dressed up, and I really enjoyed it. The dinner was even fancier than usual. It is very surreal getting all dressed up for posh evenings out in the middle of the ocean. You could forget you were on a ship if the floor did not constantly move beneath your feet. We listened to a band in a bar, then I went up to the teen club for more dancing.

Day in Vigo
Apparently, the night before, I slept through 55 mile per hour winds! It was a force 10 gale and my parents were woken up by crashes in the night, but I did not feel or hear a thing! That morning, I got up early with my mum to go to the spa. While we were having breakfast, we watched out the window while we sailed into port. Seagulls flew right by the window and turned their heads to look at us! In the spa, we both had pedicures. I had my toenails Shellacked bright yellow!

We then met up with my Dad and Grandma and disembarked to explore Vigo. After wandering through the fishing harbour and the old streets, we found an area with cafes and restaurants. We sat outside eating seafood tapas and drinking sangria. They had the best prawns I have ever eaten. Once we were back on the ship, we walked round the promenade, where we could see Vigo from afar.
Dinner was amazing again, although this time it was just smart casual. We went to see another theatre show, this time about modern musicals. It was fab, especially the songs from Wicked. Then we headed to the ship's pub for a music quiz, which of course led to singing.

I will write about the second half of the trip in tomorrow's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment