Translate

Friday 19 August 2016

My Love For Lorde

I have always liked the Kiwi singer Lorde's biggest hit Royals. Lately I have been listening to some of her less well known tracks, and they are just as good, if not better. I love Team, and also really like Tennis Courts and Buzzcut Season. I am not so keen on the song she wrote for the hunger games though.

Her style is quite simple and stripped back, putting the focus on her singing and lyrics rather than the music in the background. Some of her songs are just her and a drum beat. I like her because she sings about the real world, normal teens and their everyday problems. She was still a teen when she got famous, and so I guess that is why her songs connect with people our age in a way other artists can't.

Have a listen to these by clicking on the links if you have never heard them:
Royals
Team
Tennis Courts
Buzzcut Season
White Teeth Teens

1 comment: