Translate

Saturday 6 August 2016

Birthday In Wales

Yesterday was my last day in Wales. It was also my birthday, and I had a really great day. The campfire the previous night was great fun, we toasted marshmallows and made smores. We also made mini pizzas out of tortilla wraps and cooked them in the pizza oven. They were fab! I think I need to try that at home.

The next day, everybody sung happy birthday to me at breakfast and I was given a cool T-shirt with a picture of 3 sheep caving on it. That morning, we completed a mountain rescue exercise where we had to locate 2 casualties and give them basic first aid. One of them had to be carried back down on a stretcher, which was hard work. I think I now have a new respect for real rescue teams.

After a long bus journey home, I was able to spend the rest of my birthday with my family. We had a huge chocolate cake and I opened my presents, which were mostly jewellery, books and art materials. I had a great birthday, and although it is not the sort of day I normally have, it was still really good fun.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an excellent way to spend your birthday Gemma. Well done!

    ReplyDelete