Translate

Saturday 8 October 2016

The Problem With Pre-conceptions

Reputations are not always true.

There have been several occasions over the past few years, when a place or person with a bad reputation has been totally different to what people expect. It can be a school, a college, a person in your class or a singer. Whatever or whoever they are, you can't just judge them by what you hear about them.

There is a college near where I live that I have visited and thought was perfect for me. Not too big, good at the subjects I am interested in and only a short walk up the road. My cousin went there and loved it (she got two As and a B). And yet because they have had problems in the past, everyone I spoke to told me I shouldn't go there. People who had never been anywhere near the place were telling me to avoid it. My school have every prospectus in their library but theirs. They are always giving out leaflets advertising open days, but not for that college.

So I have ignored them. Because I believe that reputations do not match reality. And I encourage you to do the same in your lives, get the real information for yourself instead of listening to the rumours.

No comments:

Post a Comment