Translate

Tuesday 25 October 2016

The Best and the Worst of Work Experience

Today was my second day of work experience. I have been working at a Design and Print workshop as I am interested in being a graphic designer. I did not realise it when I applied, but the business is actually owned and run by a local secondary school. They do a mixture of jobs for the school and jobs for external clients. They were set up to allow students to get work experience and they employ a group of "student staff " who get paid to work there after school. This means they are used to working with teens and were very welcoming.

For the last couple of days, I have been helping in the print workshop to carry out the various print jobs needed by the school and external clients. On the first day, this was very interesting as we were doing lots of small jobs, allowing me to gain experience with a variety of techniques and machines, some of which are relevant to my graphics work. However, today we had to make 900 booklets which was really boring as we were doing the same thing over and over again all day.

I have been told I will be involved in the design work later on in the week, so I have that to look forward to. However, tomorrow will be spent putting all 900 booklets into envelopes! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment