Translate

Sunday 23 October 2016

Loving Mandalas

Mandala Cruiser
Recently I have become fascinated by Mandalas. These intricate designs are spiritual symbols that symbolically represent the cosmos. Drawing them can be used as a form of meditation, as the process can often be described as an outpouring of the soul. They are full of patterns and usually very colourful.

One of Animal's limited addition skateboards features a mandala design, shown on the right.

I have been having a go at drawing my own mandala and I have fallen in love with them. They are quite hard to draw as they should be symmetrical, yet are made up of repeated freehand irregular shapes which are often hard to get all the same size. However, I love the fact that there are no rules on which patterns you use, allowing you to be very creative. If you like drawing, even if you are not very artistic, I think you should definitely try designing one.

ImageAnother Woodland mandala © Angela Porter 2014Image result for coloured mandalasImage result for coloured mandalas

No comments:

Post a Comment