Translate

Sunday 18 March 2018

A New Favourite Box Set

Recently, I have started watching an older series called Dawson's Creek that my mum watched when she was younger. We spotted that is was one of the Box Sets on All 4, and I decided just to watch one episode to see what it was like, not really expecting to like it. It was brilliant and I am now slightly hooked. I often watch it in the mornings before college when I have a free period.

The show is about a group of 4 friends who live in a small town in America in the 90s. Dawson, Joey and Pacey have been friends since they were children, but then just before they all start high school, a new girl Jen turns up who moves next door to Dawson, and changes everything. Suddenly, Dawson is trying to impress her with his movie style romance, Joey is suddenly jealous, and Pacey is finding forbidden love in other places. And as if that is not complicated enough, their families add some more problems to their young lives!

The show is quite simple, but that is what makes it brilliant. It is about the characters, not the fancy lifestyle they lead. I also think it is very true to real life. Have you ever watched it?

No comments:

Post a Comment