Translate

Monday 2 July 2018

Football Fever

Well, my new plan to post every day has not got off to a great start so far. But hopefully, I can do better over the next week. If I am not too distracted by the World Cup, that is!

Up until now, I have not been a huge fan of football. I pay attention to where Southampton are in the leagues, but that was mostly so I could chat to the boys at school without looking stupid! But this year, I have got properly into the World Cup. It all started when I watched our first game against Tunisia. I was horrified when they scored on a penalty, and caught in suspense for the rest of the game to see if we could win against them. The final goal left me elated.

Since then, I have watched every single England game. I have become a Harry Kane fan, as he is a really good striker and didn't get angry when the other players kept fouling him. I hope he gets the golden boot! I can't wait to see how we get on tomorrow against Columbia to see if we can make the quarter finals. Hopefully, we might actually do well this year! Have you been following the football?


No comments:

Post a Comment