Translate

Thursday 12 October 2017

Yet Again, The Book Was Better

Sorry it has been a while since I posted, I have been busy. Hopefully I can keep posting more frequently over the next few weeks!

Part of my lack of posting is that I have been completely absorbed in the forth Harry Potter book, "The Goblet Of Fire". I have watched all the Harry Potter films, but up until a few days ago had only read the first 3 books. So, I stupidly started the 4th, not realising how much of my week it would consume. Every spare minute I had my head in that book!

What surprised me most was how much I liked the book better than the film. Although I did find that I preferred the book with the other Harry Potters, this time the difference was even more noticeable. Because the forth book is far longer than the first 3, more was cut out when it was made into a film. This means that when I read the book, there was more extra detail and action than usual. I definitely recommend you read the series if you like the films.

To be honest, books are almost always better than the films, because you get extra little details as they show you the inner thoughts and feelings of the characters. The one exception is when the film or TV show contains Benedict Cumberbatch, because he is so handsome he just makes everything better!

No comments:

Post a Comment