Translate

Wednesday 8 March 2017

Divide - His Best Yet?

I have Ed Sheeran's new album Divide and I am loving it! It is much more varied than his previous music, with the songs ranging from his standard guitar based folk tunes to Irish love songs and on the extended version, Mediterranean party tracks! I really like most of the songs on it, especially "Galway Girl" and my favourite, "What Do I Know?" As well as loving the simple, stripped back style, I particularly like the lyrics as I think they are very true and some up what I believe in. They are relevant to all of us, especially in the current political situation.

 

 
However, the big question is: Is it as good as his previous albums? That depends on the sort of music you like listening to really. If you like sweet love songs and upbeat storytelling tracks Divide is perfect. However, if you prefer Ed's stripped back folk songs, it is not your thing. Personally, I love all 3 of his albums, but Plus will always be the best for me. No matter how hard he tries, he just can't beat the A Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment